Singapore Buddhist Welfare Services is a voluntarily welfare organisation that provides a holistic service to serve the needs of the community, including but not limited to the following:
- Community & Family services such as daily meal delivery, financial assistance, food rations, Green Haven, Green Delights;
- Healthcare services including the running of dialysis centres, mobile healthcare services and Fu Hui Traditional Chinese Medicine clinic;
- Eldercare services including the operation of the Happy Villa and Fu Hui Golden Care Centre; and
- Children services including the setting up of the Grace Child Development Centre and Hearty Care Centre.
(collectively, referred to as Our “Services”)
The Organisation is committed to protecting Your Personal Data and complying with all appropriate legislation. We are committed to protecting the privacy and Personal Data of individuals (“You” or “Your”) provided to Us.
This Policy is applicable on You when You access and use Our website, use Our Services or visit Us at Our premises. By accessing and/or using the Website and/or facilities in Our premises, You signify Your acceptance of the Policy and expressly consent to Our collection, use, disclosure, and retention of Your Personal Data as described in this Policy. If You do not agree to this Policy and/or to Our processing of Your data/information in the manner outlined in this Policy, please do not use this Website and our Service or submit any Personal Data to Us.
This Policy is effective as of 27 December 2021.
1. Collection, Use and Disclosure
The Organisation collect Personal Data from individuals who
- visit the Organisation’s website and premises and/or request to get in touch on the website (“Visitors”);
- seek medical or related services at our healthcare centres (“Patients”);
- use Our residential and elder care centres (“Residents”);
- register for Our children services (the “Parents” and the “Children”);
- seek a position with the Organisation (“Job Applicants” and “Employees”);
- help out in the Organisation (“Volunteers’); and
- donate to the Organisations to run Our Services (“Donors”)
Notwithstanding any other provision in this Policy, You agree that the Organisation shall be entitled to use and disclose any information and feedback arising from Your use of Our Services, subject to such information and feedback being anonymised and such use and disclosure being in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
1.1. What Personal Data We collect?
In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) (“PDPA”), “Personal Data” refers to any data or information (whether true or not) about You from which You can be identified, either (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which We have or are likely to have access. When You use our Services, We may collect, amongst others, the following personal data:
- Your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), residential address, email address, bank account information, credit card information, photographs, video recordings, audio-visual films, medical information, employment history, financial information, education background and any other information relating to You which You have provided Us.
- Your spouse, Your children and Your dependent Personal Data including but not limited to Name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, nationality, gender, date of birth, race, marital status, residential address, email address, telephone number(s), photographs, video recordings, audio-visual films, medical information, employment history, financial information, education background and any other information relating to Your spouse and Your children which You , Your spouse and Your children/dependents have provided Us.
- Your next of kin, emergency contact person, guardian of Your children Personal Data, including but not limited to Name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), residential address and email address which You have provided Us
Apart from any Personal Data provided by You, We may also collect certain non-personal and/or technical information through third-party sources, platforms (such as social networking websites, databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms) and other channels. This includes, but not limited to, information about Your device used to access the Organisation’s Websites, Your web browser type and language, Your Internet Protocol (IP) address and geographic data associated with the IP address etc.
Where Personal Data is submitted by You on behalf of another individual or concerns another individual other than yourself (or, in situations where You represent Your company or Organisation and submit the Personal Data to Us), You represent and warrant to Us, that all the necessary consents (procured in accordance with all applicable data protection legislation, including but not limited to the PDPA) have been obtained from the relevant individuals and that You have retained proof of these consents, such proof to be provided to Us upon Our request.
1.2. How We collect Your Personal Data?
We may collect Your Personal Data in one or more of the following ways and situations when:
- You register with us for Our services and use Our Facilities;
- You visit Our websites;
- You visit Our premises as surveillance cameras are in use on 24 hours;
- You make payments for the use of Our services;
- Your Personal Data provided to Us with references about You;
- You make donations through Our websites;
- You participate Our events and activities as photographs and/or video recordings may be taken for Our publicity purposes;
- You register with us as volunteers;
- You communicate with Our employees, interns, volunteers, board and committee members in meetings or through emails or telephone calls;
- You respond to Our request for additional Personal Data;
- You participate in Our research and/or survey, that may be conducted by Us or Our partners/vendors;
- apply for employment or internship with Us;
- You carry out Your services at Our premises;
- You submit Your Personal Data to Us for any other reasons that are described to You, and
- Your Personal Data is given to Us from third party social networking services when You choose to connect with those services
1.3. Why and How We use the Personal Data?
The Personal Data is collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for the following purposes:
- Processing of Your application to be a resident or student to our care centres.
- Administration management for the use of any of Our Services or Our facilities.
- Management of Your membership with the Organisation.
- Provide and deliver Our Services that You, Your spouse, Your children or Your dependents have requested.
- Administration of medical care and nursing care in Our healthcare service centres.
- Allowing You to register for any of Our activities and events for Yourself, Your spouse, Your children and Your dependent and facilitating the use of Our Services and Our facilities.
- Respond to Your queries and request that You, Your spouse, Your children or Your dependents made to the Organisation.
- Provide updates on upcoming events and news/information about Our Services and Our facilities including general correspondence and responding to feedbacks You provided Us;
- Publication on our media platform.
- Submission of Your Personal Data to relevant regulatory agency of Singapore in order for Us to provide You with Our services;
- Processing and administering payments, receipts, billings, credit notes, accounting, auditing and the maintenance of proper book-keeping for the operations by the Organisation.
- Assessment of the suitability of Your job application for a position with Us and management of Your employment with Us.
- Assessment of the suitability of Your application to serve as a volunteer with Us.
- Carrying out reference checks including but not limited to Your employment, internship, volunteer services with the Organisation;
- Provision of Your services to the Organisation as a vendor.
- Maintaining the safety and security of the Organisation’s premises including enforcement of security checks for access to Our premises.
- Contact tracing in accordance with the recommended industry practice.
- During an emergency where disclosure is required to safeguard life and health of an individual.
- Conducting market research and compilation of statistics to design and improve Our services to You.
- Compliance monitoring and audit reviews;
- Investigation of an allegation or suspicion of fraud, misconduct, any unlawful action or omission.
- Compliance with internal policies and procedures and any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities and agencies.
- Fulfilling any other reasonable purpose which may, in the ultimate discretion of the Organisation, be necessary for administrative and/or operational purposes.
1.4. With whom do We share the Personal Data?
The Organisation may disclose the Personal Data submitted to Us to the following third parties for any of the purposes described in this Policy.
- Service vendors to carry out our Services and for Purposes listed in 1.3 above including but not limited to vendors for the maintenance of Our websites or platform, monitoring platform activity, provisions of platform content or membership/resident/student/patient database, and storage of such information.
- Third party vendors, where sharing or disclosing of Your Personal Data is required in order to deliver Our services You requested including but not limited to technical helpline service provider, event vendors, online registration service providers, digital solution services providers, mobile short-messaging-system providers and payment gateway service providers.
- Our affiliates; where such disclosure is required, We will ensure Our affiliates is in compliance to this Policy
- Banks, credit card and insurance companies.
- The Organisation’s professional advisers, including without limitation Our legal advisors, accountants and auditors, where it is necessary to disclose such Personal Data.
- Regulatory agencies including but not limited to the Central Provident Fund Board, Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore, Ministry of Health, Agency of Integrated Care, Ministry of Social and Family Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore Corporation Rehabilitative;
- Liquidator, receiver, official assignee/trustee, judicial manager or any other person appointed under or pursuant to any applicable law or court order in connection with the bankruptcy, liquidation, winding up, judicial management or any other analogous process in respect of any individual;
- Any person or corporate to whom You provided consent Us to disclose Your Personal Data; and
- Law enforcement agencies, relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities in compliance with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority.
- In cases of emergency where disclosure is required to safeguard the life or health of an individual
2. Your rights relating to the Personal Data
2.1. Access Rights
You are entitled to request for access to a copy of the Personal Data which We hold about You or information about the ways in which Your Personal Data has been or may have been used or disclosed by Us, using the form available at here
Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, We will inform You of the estimated fee before processing Your request. We reserve the right not to provide access to the Personal Data until You have paid the access fee.
We will respond to Your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should We not be able to respond to Your request within 30 calendar days of receiving Your request, We will inform You in writing within 30 calendar days of the time by which We will be able to respond to Your request and/or the reasons We are unable to do so.
2.2. Correction Rights
You are entitled to request to correct an error or omission in the Personal Data which We hold about You, using the form available at here
We will respond to Your request as soon as practicable. Should We not be able to respond to Your request within 10 working days of receiving Your request, We will inform You in writing within 10 working days of the time by which We will be able to respond to Your request and/or the reasons We are unable to do so.
2.3. Withdrawal of Consent
The consent that You provide for the collection, use and disclosure of Your Personal Data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by You in writing.
You are entitled to withdraw any consent You have provided to Us previously and to request Us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing Your Personal Data for any or all of the purposes listed herein, by submitting Your request using the form available at here
Please note that We are generally not obliged to forward any request for withdrawal of consent to any third party to whom We have disclosed Your Personal Data – such request should be made directly with such third party. Upon receipt of Your written request to withdraw Your consent, We may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with You) for Your request to be processed and for Us to notify You of the consequences of Us acceding to the same.
We will respond to Your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, We shall seek to process Your request within 10 working days of receiving it. Should We not be able to respond to Your request within 10 working days of receiving Your request, We will inform You in writing within 10 working days of the time by which We will be able to respond to Your request.
Please note that the withdrawal of Your consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose Your Personal Data where such collection, use and/or disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws and regulations. Further, We are generally not obliged to delete or destroy Personal Data after Your withdrawal of consent (but such Personal Data will continue to be protected and retained in accordance with our internal policies and applicable laws and regulations).
3. Managing and Retaining Your Personal Data
4. Managing and Retaining Your Personal Data
If Your Personal Data is transferred out of Singapore, the Organisation will take appropriate steps to ensure that the recipients thereof are bound by legally enforceable obligations (such as laws, contracts, binding corporate rules or any other legally binding instrument), so that Your Personal Data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
5. Website Navigational Information and IP Address
The Organisation uses commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information as You navigate the Organisation’s Websites (“Website Navigational Information”).
Cookies are small data files that are stored in Your hard drive or otherwise in Your device’s memory that help us see which areas and features of Our Site are popular and count visits, thus allowing Us to improve Our Site and Your experience when You visit it. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used when You use Our services or when You receive Our emails that help deliver cookies, count visits and understand Your usage of Our Site and Our services.
When You visit Our Websites, the Organisation collects Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address(es) to track and aggregate non-Personal Data. For example, the Organisation uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which Visitors navigate the Our Website.
By using Our website, You are deemed to have consented to Our use of such cookies. If You do not wish to receive cookies, please configure Your internet browser to erase all cookies from Your computer, to block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
6. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Us. If You click on a third-party link, You will be directed to that third party’s site. We strongly advise You to review the Policy of every site You visit. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
We are committed to protect Your Personal Data in Our possession and will guard against risks of unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure through reasonable and appropriate security measure. The Organisation engages professional firms and uses appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect Personal Data of Our Members, Guest, Visitors, Applicants and Employees of the Organisation.
Notwithstanding Our security measures for protecting your Personal Data, You acknowledge that no data transmission over the internet is completely secure and by providing Your Personal Data over the internet, You are transmitting information at Your own risk.
8. How to Contact Us
If You have any queries, feedback or requests, please submit in writing via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details below:
Attention : Data Protection Officer
As part of Our efforts to ensure that We properly manage, protect and process Your Personal Data, We will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time and the Organisation may amend this Policy from time to time. We will provide notification of the material changes to this Policy on the Organisation’s Websites at least thirty (30) business days prior to the change(s) taking effect.